Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hawaii Flora and Fauna

I neglected to mention in the previous post that Hawaii was going to take several blog posts. There are just too many pictures to wrap up our entire trip in one posting. Part of what makes Hawaii so beautiful, of course, is the unbelievable amount of unusual flowers and plants. The temperature was around 85 degrees with a slight breeze and no humidity that I could feel. In other words, my perfect temperature! And, that's year round. No wonder the flowers there are so showy. 

Bird of Paradise

These were everywhere in the Garden of Eden.

 Orchids growing on a tree on the golf course

Bougainvillea, which grew along the roads in hedges

I will never smell plumeria again without thinking of Hawaii. The trees are everywhere and constantly drop fragrant white petals on the ground. Glorious!

Hibiscus

A crazy bird of paradise

More plumeria

Hibiscus outside our condo

Banyan tree in Honolulu

Palms in Waikiki

Shower Tree
One of these grew by my Nanny's house when I was young. She called it a Rain Tree. I thought it was interesting that the Hawaiians called it a Shower Tree.

Red Ginger

White Ginger

I think I'll go to Bath & Body and see if I can find some plumeria lotion. Ahhhhh.....


No comments: