Thursday, February 25, 2010

On This Day in History...



Well, it's the 15th anniversary of my 29th birthday and I've already had a lovely morning. Jeff woke up early and cleaned the kitchen and then took me out to breakfast. Katherine has agreed to drive the other two girls to track practice at UTA, so those are all the gifts I need. (Love language = acts of service.)

I received an interesting letter in the mail for my birthday and thought I would share it here. It documents what happened on "This Day in History" waaayyyyy back in 1966, the year I was born.

Top Songs for 1966:
We Can Work It Out by The Beatles
I'm A Believer by The Monkees
Summer In the City by Lovin' Spoonful

1966 Prices:
Bread - $0.22/loaf
Milk - $1.11/gallon
Gas - $0.32/gallon
Stamp - $0.05/each
Avg. Income - $8,395/year

Famous People Born on Feb. 25:
Jim Backus
George Harrison
Enrico Caruso

Popular TV Shows:
Hogan's Heroes
Batman
Mission Impossible
I Dream of Jeannie
Star Trek

Hot New Toys:
Twister
Hot Wheels
Mystery Date

I actually still felt pretty young, until I looked at the price of gas and stamps. Guess I'll go drag out and dust off my Mystery Date game and see if I can find a good-looking man to take me to dinner.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Does that Mystery Date game actually work? Never heard of it, but if it works, I'd like to borrow that! :) Happy happy birthday, my friend! May it be filled with scrapbooking, relative peace, and many more acts of service. And we'll do Red Hot & Blue the next opportunity we get.

Penny said...

Today I returned to my physical therapist after a brief time away (still not sure why I waited so long and put myself through so much pain but that is another story). I have been seeing her for about 9-10 years so we know a few things about each other. She remembered I had a birthday since I last saw her. I told her she was correct and that I have decided I am going to start celebrating the anniversary of my 29th starting next year. And now after reading your blog I see that it works.
And yes, acts of service speak volumes!!