Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh, Spring You Cannot Be Far Away

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different
kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain


Isn't that a true statement? Last Thursday, I sat outside at a softball game in rain, blustery wind and chilly temperatures. Saturday at a track meet I came prepared only to have to remove my jacket and scarf. Yesterday's track meet was sunny, but a brisk wind kept us chilled, especially when the sun went down. Today, although very windy, is gloriously sunny and bright. I stepped outside to check on the bunnies and saw little signs of spring everywhere.

Bubbles enjoyed a little hop around the yard
while I cleaned his cage.

But, he didn't want to go back in that cage -- clean or not!

Hard to believe snow was a foot deep on the ground two weeks
ago when I see these little beauties popping out of my hydrangeas.
And fresh new leaves on the roses, and...darn dandelions....they're back, too!


All in preparation for the glorious spring that is just around the corner. Hopefully?

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~Henry Van Dyke

1 comment:

Barb said...

LOVE the pic of Bubbles running away from you! And can it really only be two weeks ago that we had the snowiest day in Dallas history? Not possible! :)

Ah, spring is in the air. Unfortunately, that means so are the allergins...