Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Music Stylings of Abigail Holmes, Composer

A couple weeks ago Abigail played an original composition in a recital at Steinway Hall.  She wrote the song last summer when she was ten years old.  After reworking it for several weeks, Abigail's piano teacher submitted it to a local judge who gave it a "One" rating.  This allows the piece to be judged at the state contest this summer.  Before it can go to the state contest, it must be played in a local recital.  Abigail played her composition, "Coral Reef Waltz," and received a certificate along with a bust of the composer Bartok.  Enjoy her performance below.


5 comments:

Barb said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Abigail is one talented girl! If I hadn't known, I never would have thought that was written by a 10-year old. Way to go, Abigail!

Michele Davis said...

Wow. That's awesome! And it makes me feel very unaccomplished... I was playing around in the dirt when I was ten,(among other things). Abigail seems so beyond her years...

Melissa said...

I LOVE THAT!! Completely amazing. Of course, I always knew she was brilliant, but Wow! Very impressive, Abigail.

Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed! That was beautiful! Abigail, you're amazing!

Penny said...

God has great plans for her!