Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fabulous Times Two

So, Barb and Paige both think I'm fabulous, which, of course, just made my afternoon.  Oh, wait...my blog is fabulous. But, I'm the author so I guess it stands to reason that I am, too. Thanks, ladies.

The rules state that I am to list five things I'm addicted to, and then I nominate five other blogs for this life-changing award.

My addictions in no particular order:

1.  Scrapbooking  - Have I ever really loved a hobby so much? It offers so many "feel good" moments that I can hardly describe: creativity, memories, amazing tools, colors, textures.  I feel that scrapbooking crops are today's quilting bees (no offense, quilters) where women can come together and fellowship while preserving their memories, as well as using their creative abilities. So fun!!!

2.  Reading - As you can see from my blog, I am currently reading three books at the same time. I began reading at a very early age.  I think my mother says four years old.  I've always had a fascination with anything fiction, but am trying to branch out and read some non-fiction as well.  I also love to read cookbooks.  A quote I recently read said, "Plant Trees:  They give us two things necessary for survival - oxygen and books.  Yes!

3.  Music - What would life be like without it?  As I write this, Abigail is playing a beautiful song on the piano, and I feel happy just hearing her. I have found a particular joy in recent months playing the piano in church (with a band!).  I enjoy many styles of music, especially praise and worship, and instrumental.  Children's choirs have a special place in my heart.  Movie soundtracks are great, too. Try muting the TV during a movie some time. You'll see how important music really is.

4.  Beaches - sand, sun, palm trees, breezes, the smell of suntan lotion, bronze skin, flip flops, drinking Sonic Diet Coke with Lime, (had to get this in my list) bright colors, turquoise water, seafood, perfect contentment and relaxation.....aaaaahhhhhhh

5. Facebook - me too, Paige! I can't resist it. I love looking for flair for my board. I'm happy when people comment on my photos. I look at pics of people I don't even know. It's crazy! I love to see the status of all 194 of my close, personal friends.

And, now, the nominees for my Five Favorite Fabulous Blogs are:






(With the knowledge that Paige and Barb would be on this list if they hadn't already posted due to a previous nomination)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you are fabulous! How could a blog be fabulous without a great author? And, I'm so glad that so many of your addictions overlap with mine so I get to spend time with someone so fabulous! I probably should have nominated Katherine, too - that squirrel post is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

teresa said...

OOOOOOHHH! I am so honored to be nominated! Even though I am not too good at commenting on everyone's blog, I do keep up with you all. That beach sounds so good right now! Oh and believe me, you will get used to Katherine on the road! I had to place my two in God's hands and be so relieved when they pull up in the driveway!

Michele Davis said...

oh, I keep missing these things! Wow! I'm fabulous times two, too? I feel so special. :)

I'll try and put up my "fabulous" post soon...

Peas on Earth said...

Genny, thank you so much for the honor of being one of your five (seven) "fabulous blogs." You are too kind. :-) However, I rarely, if ever, respond to anything that says "do [this and such] and then [tag x number of friends] ..." It is just a matter of principle. :-)

Now, if you'd added the "If you love Jesus ... " or "You will get your greatest wish ..." or "If you don't do this then your liver will rot and your toenails will fall off ..." well, then ... MAYBE.

(By the way, I think you're fabulous, too.)