Thursday, January 8, 2009

Basketball...Yes, That's Our Life

How many games of basketball per week would you have to attend before you could be like the Holmes family?  Two? No...   Four?  No, not four...   Six? Keep guessing...  SEVEN! Yes, SEVEN!  You must attend seven basketball games per week to keep up with us.  Yes, we are certifiable by this time of year, and while most people are looking forward to March for March Madness, I am looking forward to March because it will be the end of our madness. 

Rebecca plays on the GPA 8th grade team with games on Mondays and Thursdays. (2 games) Katherine plays for GPA on the Jr. Varsity and Varsity teams on Tuesdays and Fridays. (4 games)  Abigail plays Upward 6th Grade on Saturdays. (1 game)  2 + 4 + 1 = 7

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching my girls play. They are all doing very well and it's fun to see their skills improve over the course of the season.  Rebecca's big game saw her scoring 16 points.  Yes, that's huge because the 8th graders have struggled to win any games this year.  Katherine has gone from never having played before to actually playing and scoring in games.  Abigail scored 6 points in her first game, and I know she will have a great, final Upward season.

Barb took (and uploaded) this great picture of Rebecca at a tournament 
last weekend. (She's the one on the right of the ref, sailing in the air.)

While traveling around the Metroplex in search of basketball games, we've had the opportunity to see a few local celebrities, as well. Last week we saw Michael Irvin, former Dallas Cowboys' star. Last night, we saw Chuck Norris, and I sat next to Ed Young, Jr. of Fellowship Church. Interesting conversation we had about "grace in your face..." Remind me to tell you sometime.

I hope you're enjoying your January, whatever it brings.  If you need me, I'll be burning the candle at both ends of the court. Swish!


3 comments:

Barb said...

wow, watching your girls play, hobnobbing with celebrities, AND a new post! what a life you have! i'm with you on looking forward to march. :)

Melissa said...

Definitely too much basketball...hope you're not too tired though...because, I'M COMING TO FORT WORTH TODAY

I'm still not even back in Brownwood yet, so it will be evening, but still, I'M COMING TO FORT WORTH!!!!

Genny said...

Yea, Melissa's coming to Fort Worth. Shouldn't get too excited. I'll probably be at a basketball game...