Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weekend Trip






Saturday morning found us "on the road again" traveling to Buna to see family. We arrived in the afternoon and spent a few hours with Jeff's parents. Katherine enjoyed walking around their house outside and using her new camera. I took a few pics myself of the beautiful flowers. Spring comes to East Texas a little earlier than North Texas and we enjoyed the many blooming azaleas, camellias and dogwood trees. My dad even had a little patch of bluebonnets already blooming in his yard.

Saturday night found us helping my dad clean out my great aunt's house so my brother would be able to move into it soon. We were allowed to choose anything from the house that we wanted, so I came home with several beautiful Japanese handpainted plates and a set of silver, some old photographs and itchy ears/nose from all the dust!

Sunday morning we attended church with the Holmes' where the girls participated in waving the palms for Palm Sunday. Katherine and Abigail played a piano duet for the offertory. They suffered graciously all the comments about "how big you've gotten" and "how pretty you are." Jeff and I were able to introduce them to our sixth grade science teacher, Mr. Hunt, who told them that I was "a whiz in Science." See? I was smart once.

Sunday afternoon Jeff and I left the girls with the Holmes' and went to Beaumont for a night away. We went to dinner at Pappadeaux's with my dad and stepmom and enjoyed a nice evening with great seafood. Yum! We slept in Monday morning (loved that) and had a late breakfast before returning to Buna to pick up the girls. Everyone was ready to go, except for Papa who would have loved us to stay another few days. Always glad to get home, with the exception of all the laundry that must be done. And, I better get back to it. For more Southeast Texas pics, see Katherine's post There's No Place Like Home.

2 comments:

Paige said...

looks like fun, but I'm glad you're back home, too. Choir is NOT the same without you!!!

Barb said...

Ditto, Paige, ditto!