Saturday, March 22, 2008

Backyard Demolition

Jeff has the work crew going again, this time above ground. He decided to dismantle the old deck near the house. It has really seen better days. He is going to use the boards to create a new cover for the bomb shelter. And, in the area left behind? Well, not really sure at this point. Rebecca and I thought a garden sounded nice. Mmm...I'm already picturing the rows of red, ripe tomatoes. One day soon, when we come into a windfall of money (it could happen), Jeff wants to build a combination studio/pool house. For now it just looks like a war zone. By the way, I got out and gave the old deck a few hits myself. (when I wasn't recording the event for posterity)

Work crew of two

Well, we see who's working and who's not...

This girl can sure swing a sledgehammer!
Way to go, Becca.


Just a note to Katherine and Abigail..."If a man will not work, he shall not eat." That's in the Bible, if you want to look it up.

1 comment:

teresa said...

There's something about Dads getting their kids to work! I can't get mine to put up their clothes that I fold for them!