Thursday, January 31, 2013

Southern Cupcakes Y'all

Well, I've been fixin' ta write this blog for about two weeks now and every time I try to upload the photos my computer locks up. Hmm...not sure if this is a hardware problem or a user problem. As my girls have been fond of answering...NOT ME!!

So, I found this recipe and knew I had to give it a try -- Lemon Cupcakes with Sweet Tea Frosting, or my personal name for them, Arnold Palmer's Cupcakes. (You know what an Arnold Palmer is, right?)

I love the look of these cakes, sprinkled with coarse sugar. Overall, the agreement from everyone who tasted the cupcakes was that the sweet tea frosting was too bland. It was a delicious cupcake, but needed more zip. So, I'll be remaking the recipe and steeping that tea a little longer before I turn it into icing. Results will be posted soon if my computer cooperates.




1 comment:

Barb said...

Yummy, I wanna try one!