Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year and All That

Well, I've been meaning to blog for awhile now, not that it's been any great loss to you that I haven't. December took its usual busy toll, along with 4 of the 5 of us being sick (times 10 days each)...well, you see how that kind of time adds up. And yadda, yadda, blah, blah...and all that. 

So, I'm still overcoming the "post holiday slump" I guess. Nothing is in order around the house, kids still not back to school, and those holiday pounds are making themselves felt in my tight clothes. If I were a resolution-making person (and I'm not) I would resolve to do many things better in 2013 than I did in 2012. But, shouldn't that always be what we're doing? Striving to be a "kinder, gentler" version of ourself from one day to the next?  Becoming more "Christ-like" with every breath?  So, instead of making resolutions that I know I will not keep, I'm choosing Micah 6:8 to live as my life verse this year:

"He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?"


And, in case I haven't told you lately...


No comments: