Monday, December 17, 2012

Festive Cupcakes

Friday's promised cupcake post was preempted by sickness -- mine. Blech. Still feeling yucky, but good enough to share pics of these fun cupcakes I made for my Sunday School party. I love the icy blue tint of the frosting, sprinkled with chips of peppermint candy (to match the cupcake liners) See how I did that there? Matched the cupcake to the liner? Genius, right?



And, I couldn't resist experimenting with making tiny snowflakes for the top. (to match the snowflakes on the liners) Sensing a pattern? Jeff came into the kitchen and saw these lined up on the counter and asked where I got them. I told him I made them, to which he replied, "No, seriously, where did you get them?" Me: (facepalm)...replied, "I have a little talent, you know. Geez..."

And what's a snowflake without a little sparkle? I'm in love with sanding sugar.

Finished product - pretty and yummy



1 comment:

Barb said...

Very pretty! I bet they tasted yummy too. :)