Thursday, October 4, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Cupcakes

These cupcakes were made just because I liked how they looked in the magazine. Food stylist might be a job that's underrated. Beautiful food photography gets me every single time! While my cupcakes were as beautiful as the magazine's, the amount of time I spent making them from scratch, along with freshly squeezing juice for the frosting, and sugar glazing the lemon for the top...well, let's just say my time might have been better spent on a nap. Don't get me wrong, the taste is good, but I actually feel like the Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme box mix could compete. Still, the little sugary fresh lemon slice on the top makes me feel happy, as well as those beautiful lemony yellow lemons. Say lemons over and over. It starts to feel weird. I'm so strange...






1 comment:

Barb said...

Yum! and the lemon slices are so pretty :)