Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Clearly my brain is on hiatus. I usually try to think of a clever title for my blog posts, some type of play on words or whatnot...today I've got nothin'. Nada. Zip. Zero. Let's just blame it on allergies, shall we? I blame everything on allergies. Can't sleep? Allergies. Bad grade on your test? Allergies. Forgot to pay the house note? Duh, allergies! Anyhoo...

These chocolate chip cupcakes came about as Jeff was searching the kitchen for chocolate the other night. I realized I had never used chocolate chips in a batter. So, after a spirited debate on Facebook about the importance of white vs. dark chocolate and nuts vs. no nuts, these were the winning recipe - Dark Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream.


 I had extra batter so I ventured into the world of mini cupcakes. Aren't they cute? They use only 1 Tablespoon of batter per cupcake.

a little patriotic action going on...

Here are the babies...Jeff said this size is just enough to make you mad. I say they're perfect!

Changed up the design on this one. I'm working on a fancy topper for an anniversary party in December. What do you think? I can't decide. Is it fancy or are you thinking of a wadded up piece of string?

Check back soon for another post in which I will try to have a clever title, a different topic than cupcakes and will charm you with my rapier wit. Rapier wit? Name that movie. No, really...name that movie line. I didn't make that up. I had to have heard that in a movie, but I have no idea which one.

No comments: