Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just Call Me Crabby

Before you think it, yes, I know the last several posts have been about food. What can I say? It's what defines me.  I love to try new recipes, especially when I can claim they are somewhat healthy. Crab meat was on sale this week and, on impulse, I threw a package in my cart. Cooks.com helped me to find a simple recipe for crab salad.

As I'm putting the salad together, here are the comments...

Person A: What IS that?
Me: Crab
Person A: Why is it so...so pink?
Me: Because it's not blue crab. (heh, heh)
Person B: (walking into kitchen after my conversation with person A) What IS that?
Me: Crab
Person B: Why are you ruining it with cucumber?
Me: I love cucumber.
Person B: Cucumber is blech.
Me: It also has cucumber dressing in it.
Person B: Double blech!
Me: More for me then.
Person A: (reading the crab packaging) This is FAKE CRAB! It says imitation on the package.
Me: I know. So what? What does it matter? You're not going to have any of it.
Person A: I'm going to have real food. I'm making myself some Ramen Noodles.
Me: Yeah...cause those aren't fake at all...

No comments: