Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Little Poolish

"Pool-ish" is my made up word for how the girls smell when they come in from swimming. It's a perfect blend of chlorine, sunscreen and sun on warm skin.

And it's about that time. Time to officially open the pool for summer! Of course, it's WAY too cold for me to hop in yet, and it will probably be awhile before it hits the 80-82 degree mark of perfection for my body. Katherine and Abigail took a little pool preview today and actually swam for awhile. Brr...is what I say. But, summer's comin'.




Summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James

I can't wait!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Girl! You've been a blogging fool lately - seven posts in six days! Dang, I'd better get busy, but I really haven't had much to blog about. Unlike some very busy families I know.

Love the summer pool pics. I'll have to plan a time to come down and enjoy your pool with you. Of course, it will take a bit more planning this year than last.