Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It Depends on What Your Definition of "Break" Is

Break -verb. to interrupt or halt an activity (usually fol. by in, into, forth, or from): Don't break in on the conversation. Let's break for lunch.

Did you know there are 112 definitions of the word 'break" on Dictionary.com? Just another one of those fun facts you receive when you read this blog. I was complaining last night (only in my mind, which could be another severe problem) that we aren't really getting a "break" from school because I've had to drive Rebecca and Abigail to track practice this week. After all, it isn't really a break from school unless you aren't participating in anything related to school, right? At least that's my definition of Spring Break. (Side Note: I wish my definition of Spring Break was me, in a size six bathing suit, laying on the beach in Grand Cayman, but alas, my dreams go unheard.)

So, I had to sit myself down last night and give myself a good "talking to" (another possible mental issue) and remind myself of all the things that have happened this week that are positive, with the first being that no one in this house has had to do any homework all week. Already I feel the gloom lifting!

Jeff left for Peru for 9 days and is ministering
to preteens and adults in Iquitos.

Katherine left last Sunday morning for Keystone, Colorado and
word on the street (Facebook) is that she is loving everything
about skiing except for the sore shins. Thank goodness for Facebook
because, of course, she hasn't called.

I played in this beautiful chapel near downtown Fort Worth

for this simply beautiful wedding.

Rebecca took home top prize in "Knowledge," which
made me very happy and Abigail not so much.
(Mainly because no one can ever beat Abigail at this game.)

Although the girls have been sick with the allergy crud,
they managed to sit on the couch TOGETHER and actually
be civil to each other for almost one whole day.

Jeff sent these gorgeous flowers "just because."
(Probably because he knows I'm sitting home talking to
myself, griping about not having a 'break.')

The peach tree is blooming!
(So help me, Steph, if you tell the squirrels
I'm never speaking to you again.)

And the Carolina Jasmine is popping out
so fast you can almost hear it.

And, I received this sweet, happy flower
(from the aforementioned Steph)
whom I love dearly, but will cut her out of my
life instantly if she talks to my squirrels.Please ignore the shadowy figure in the window.
It's even scaring me, and it is me. Thank you.


For all six of you reading this, I hope your week is a "break", or "springy" or you find yourself laying on whichever beach would make you the happiest.

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. ~Frederick Keonig

1 comment:

Barb said...

You get a scrapbooking break on Thursday, and SO DO I!!!! Can't wait! And I hope Steph's able to keep her mouth shut an dnot inform the squirrels of your blooming yard. :)