Monday, January 11, 2010

Salado Scrapbook Retreat

I did say that I've been scrapbooking for almost four days this year and I highly recommend it as a way to begin a new year. Something you enjoy, with friends or family, putting together albums of your heritage/memories....I can rationalize anything!

I traveled south to Salado last week to meet my mother and aunt. We have talked about this trip so much over the last months but I don't think any of us believed it would happen. (Don't tell any of our husbands, but we are already planning one for later this summer.)


We stayed in a condo located on the Mill Creek Golf Course. Once we found it, it was the perfect setup, with the exception of the combo golf-southwest decorating scheme in mauve, forest green and khaki. ("I bet only men usually stay here," my mother said.) No doubt.

After unpacking our things (enough paper and supplies to start up a small scrapbook store), we got right to it. First thing on the agenda was a lesson in how to use the Cricut cutting machine. Boy, did we ever have fun with that. My mother's machine is an updated version of mine and I enjoyed trying out the new features.
(Didn't know I was an elf, did you?)

Xyron Sticker Makers
My little goodies I brought for Sylvia and Mother.
They are a must have for anyone who owns a Cricut.
Go, now, to your nearest Walmart and buy one for yourself.
You will not regret it!

The Cautious Scrapbooker

The Messy Talks Too Much Scrapbooker

The Vertical Scrapbooker (never sits down!)


Dinner at the historic Stagecoach Inn


Sisters at The Stagecoach Inn

This picture makes me laugh! I don't think we were talking
as much as pretending to talk while Mother took the picture.

Dinner at El Tapatio
Muy Delicioso!

My messy table and one of 12 pages I completed.
(Or was it 11? I forget.)

One of Mother's masterpieces

One of Sylvia's masterpieces

This was such a memorable, wonderful few days. We all wanted to stay at least two more days, but real life intruded. I had to get home for choir rehearsal, Sylvia had to make sure Ron was okay, and Mother had to rescue Buddy from eating Sonic for every meal.

And, if you think about it, summer's not really that far away. Is it?

3 comments:

Barb said...

1. I must go buy a Xyron - today, if possible!
2. Yay, you had pictures of you this time! Good job following my advice. :)
3. Sounds like a great time, and you got a lot accomplished. I'm so jealous, but look forward to seeing your pages sometime.

Barb said...

Update - Xyron purchased. Now I want to use it!

Anonymous said...

I just got a 50% off coupon from Michaels. After I read the "fine print" I'm planning on buying a larger Xyron. The 5" one is $49.99, the 2 1/2" is around $20. I know you can't use the coupon on Cricut, Slice, Gypsy or Yudu products. Hope the Xyron isn't one of these.