Saturday, April 11, 2009

This Post Brought to You By...

Easter 2001... What sweet girls.  Long gone are the days of picking out cute Easter dresses and hats.  And enjoying warm, sunshiny weather.  Hey, even I don't buy a new dress to wear on Easter anymore. The weather is always too cold.  Should I say something about global warming here? Because winter is lasting longer, and Easter tends to have cold rain or snow. (Sorry, too much of a digression.)  Just wanted to enjoy these pictures of Katherine - nine years, Abigail - three years, and Rebecca - six years.















In our recent Easter musical at church we sang a wonderful song entitled, "I've Seen Jesus." Sharing some of the words with you today in the hopes that Jesus is alive in your heart and you are praising Him for His willingness to die in your place. Have a blessed Easter and remember:  He is Risen! He is risen indeed!

Tell the grieving to rejoice!
Tell the lost to lift their voice!
There is hope for every soul He came to save.
Every tongue will praise His name!
Every nation now proclaim, 
That the Lord of Life has overcome the grave!

I've seen Jesus! I've seen Jesus!
Like a blind man, He opened up my eyes.
I've seen Jesus! I've seen Jesus!
I've seen Jesus and Jesus is alive!


2 comments:

Penny said...

I have not got the girls a new dress in years. I did make them go look this year since neither own a dress. No decisions are made. So we will see what they wear. However, John did say he was going to wear a tie tomorrow!

Barb said...

Those are precious pics. Katherine's face hasn't changed much at all.

And thanks for posting the words to "I've Seen Jesus." Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day, including "your part" like I did yesterday. :)