Friday, August 29, 2008

Floor Report - Almost Finished

I'm sure you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for the next installment of Holmes Family - Floor Makeover. Isn't my life exciting?!?  I guess when you do the work yourself, there is a greater amount of satisfaction when the project is finished.  So, we're all getting pretty happy about now, because the floor is almost complete and we can return furniture/books/pictures to their places on the floors/shelves/walls.  After all, there's not much use for a piano in the kitchen.


This first section took the longest to prepare and measure. After that, it goes pretty quickly.  (More quickly than acid staining concrete anyway.)


When it came time to ask for piano movers, Abigail jumped right on in there.  Katherine was her usual helpful self. Katherine, this word's for you. Hmph!  


Jeff surveying his great work.


The last bit of carpet is rolled up and sent out the door. Yahoooooo!!!! My nose is so happy. Well, maybe not quite yet, because it's all stuffed up right now from all the dust; but, it will be ecstatic soon, I'm sure.
Total collapse. We are finished!
The floor is unbelievable. It's so smooth and beautiful. One more day to put down trim around the edges and we will be finished.  Stay tuned for the final episode of Holmes Family - Floor Makeover. Coming Labor Day to a blog near you.


4 comments:

Peas on Earth said...

It looks beautiful!! I am vowing to do this project today, but I am currently in a state of hip dysplasia ... anyone wanna come move a piano at my house too??

Anonymous said...

ahem *cough*

just thought you should know.
that lovely katherine girl posed for that picture. she is a very hard working girl from what i hear.

(:

Barb said...

It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product, complete with curtains, pillows, and the Wii. Bowling, anybody?

Anonymous said...

looks great and I can't wait to see it!