Saturday, August 2, 2008

Five Days in Paradise

The bestest vacation I ever had...it's the only way to describe the last few days in Ambergris Caye, Central America. I found myself on Friday trying to figure out ways that we could lengthen our stay -- mandatory hurricane devacuation? (isn't that the opposite of evacuation?); accidental drowning, the bodies were never recovered?; terrorist kidnapping?; well, we couldn't find an excuse the kids would believe, so we returned home. Here are a few of my favorite pics.
Yes, the water really is that green. Awesome!

the pool at White Sands Resort
(the guy in the pic is Jeff going to email the girls)

going out to dinner at Captain Morgan's

the view from our table

everybody goes barefoot



scary snorkel man
He wanted me to take the same pic of my face.
Yeah...like that would happen.

View from the plane



Coconut trees everywhere

The view from our balcony

Note: This post trip report brought to you by Stella, Barb and Paige, who graciously cared for our children while we lived in paradise. We cannot thank you enough.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had fun. You know it was a blast to take care of the girls - they were wonderful, of course. Abigail is definitely my new board game buddy.

Barb said...

I SO wish you had taken the snorkel picture of yourself. That would be hilarious! Glad you had a great trip, and also glad you were not able to come up with a scenario to prolong the trip. I love the girls, and enjoyed staying with them, but we were all glad to have you home too.

shauna morris said...

I thought you took your anniversary trip to Lytle? They have some of the best facilities and bathrooms that are out of this world.
Ask Jeff who that hot babe is in the pictures with him? The one with the great tan.

Amy Hudson said...

It is so beautiful! You look so happy, relaxed and tan!

teresa said...

Oh, I want to go there! Todd had mentioned Belize, but I did not know it was so beautiful. I am glad ya'll had a wonderful time. Happy 20th!

Peas on Earth said...

WOW WOW WOW! I could handle that!

:-) Happy Anniversary!