Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Day of School Times Two - 2008

It seems to come around about the same time every year -- the first day of school. Katherine and Rebecca started on Monday, with Abigail having her first day on Tuesday. We are attending Grace Prep again, with everyone taking a full load of classes for the first time. What a shock for everyone to start "rising and shining" much earlier than we have been all summer. Abigail did not enjoy seeing her sisters off to school without her. (Next year, Abigail.) It looks to be a very busy semester for everyone. Abigail has homework now, due to no study halls; Rebecca and Katherine are just plain gettin' after it. I heard moans tonight at dinner that everyone already had vocabulary quizzes tomorrow.

Katherine is a Junior. Wow. She has her driver's permit and will be an official licensed driver on December 27. She is taking British Literature, History of Christianity, Chemistry, Spanish 3, Forensic Science and Art. She continues her art lessons with Miz B. at Hobby Lobby, as well. And, she's finally taller than me.

Rebecca is an 8th grader. Again, wow. She is playing setter on her volleyball team and looking forward to a great season. She'll play basketball in the spring. Her classes are English, Algebra, Science and American History. She's almost as tall as I am.

Abigail is a 6th grader. Crazy. My baby all grown up. She will be 11 years old next month. Her classes are English, Math, Science, History and Art. I have a feeling she's going to be the tallest one of all.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are not allowed to get any older. Tell Katherine to work on that in her chemistry class.

Barb said...

I agree with Paige! The older they get, the older I feel!

So is Rebecca officially a setter? Which team? I still need to get her game schedule so I can try to make it to at least one.

Genny said...

Well, she is officially a setter, but we are not sure about the teams yet. Guess they'll announce that next week. Maybe today? Not sure.

And, if you feel old (please) how do you think I feel?

Penny said...

I am moving my daughter into a dorm tomorrow. I can't believe I have a freshman in college. Of course, I was very very young when I had her!

Bakershire said...

Addi is playing volleyball, too. I wonder if they will play each other. I know we played Grace Prep in basketball last year.

Bakershire said...

Addi is playing volleyball as well. I wonder if they will play each other as I know we played Grace Prep in basketball.