Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yep, I Had Another Birthday

I believe I said last year, possibly on this very blog, that I was not going to have another birthday. As we all know, that's not really an option, so here I go again...

Celebrating started early with Jeff and Rebecca making me these delicious carrot cupcakes and giving me a gift of a cupcake charm for my James Avery bracelet. Isn't it adorable? And so me? You've got to admire family members willing to jump in and make cupcakes for someone who makes cupcakes all the time. They were really delicious, too!


Since Rebecca was going to be out of town, we ate at Mimi's Cafe on Sunday night after church. 

Bright and early Monday morning I had breakfast with this kid.

Midmorning saw me working on my Bible Study and drinking my healthy shake AFTER I exercised. Yes, I am proud of myself for exercising on my birthday. Seriously...if you know me, you know that I despise exercise of every kind.

And then I got this in the mail from my mother, who gives the best presents.

And a bit later I got this! Melissa gives the best presents, too.

And then, I made these delish strawberry cupcakes with butter frosting and a chocolate flower. I delivered them to the staff at church and they said they are happy to celebrate my birthday anytime, even if it's not my birthday...hmmm....

And even though I spilled an entire bottle of nonpareils in the making of these cupcakes, I decided that into every life a few (ha, ha) sprinkles must fall...

AND...there will be no crying over spilled powdered sugar, for these are the things that make our days a little sweeter.

Thanks to all of you who made my birthday special. I guess we can do it again next year.

1 comment:

Barb said...

it's not over yet! Next time I see you, we'll be celebrating your birthday. :) Don't know when that is yet, but eventually...