Thursday, February 21, 2013

What Were They Thinking? Edition: Cartoon Shoes

It's been awhile since I posted an edition of "What Were They Thinking?," my commentary on all things regarding shoe fashion. I was stunned by these beauties today at Kohl's. Not only are the heels getting higher, but some of the designs are starting to look like cartoon character shoes.

CASE IN POINT: Cruella deVille

And they are adding what looks like little spikes all over them

This shoe disturbed me on many levels. It's like a shoe "teeter-totter," which is probably what you would be doing if you were to try and walk on these babies.

Possibly Minnie Mouse or Daisy Duck?

Got to be a queen's shoe?

 And my story would not be complete without the wicked stepmother's shoe.

And in heels this high, there may not be many happily ever afters...what do you think?

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm thinking if anyone fell off these, they would have to wear tennis shoes forever after like I do now.

Barb said...

I kind of like the Minnie Mouse shoe. Not that I could walk in it, of course, but it's cute. :)