Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Would You Please Call Me Cordelia?

"I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me some credit." ~ Anne

I was thinking this very thing today. I guess it's a good thing that with experience (aka "age") comes the wisdom of keeping your thoughts to yourself and not blurt out what you really think in a given situation.

So many times I just want to say what I am thinking but know that it will not be well received. Does that mean I should always be quiet? I don't know. I certainly don't believe in being politically correct. There's far too much of that skipping around hand in hand with tolerance these days. (but that's for another post someday...something political or when I decide to quote Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity) For now I will be Anne of Green Gables and suffer my thoughts in silence...

"My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul." ~ Anne

No comments: