Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thoughts on Thanksgiving

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck, "No One Diets on Thanksgiving," 26 November 1981


Some things I enjoyed on Thanksgiving:

1. As far as food goes...sweet potato casserole, pecan pie, ribs, broccoli salad

2. A wonderful visit with my brother, John, and his kids

3. Being entertained by Katherine's college stories

4. Sending two of my girls off to watch the 10:30 p.m. showing of Harry Potter -- FINALLY! and then letting them stay out with Aunt Amy to go shopping at Wal-Mart at 5:00 a.m. for Black Friday

5. The cold front coming in this evening

6. My mother-in-law's Mac for me to blog on (and check Facebook)

7. Having the Aggies beat the Longhorns -- Whoop!

8. Downtime, with absolutely nothing I have to do

Hope your day was filled with lots of great things, too!


No comments: