Friday, November 5, 2010

From My Nightstand I Recommend...

I've read three books lately that I have absolutely loved and thought, "Who doesn't want a good book recommendation?" Two are fiction and one non-fiction. I know! I actually read a non-fiction book.


"Never the Bride" was humorous and touching, the story of a girl who
desperately wants to be married, but God wants her love for Him to be first.


One of the best books I've read recently due to the dialogue.
(reminded me of Dee Henderson's dialogue --
Dee, where are you? why aren't you writing?)
The story of a reporter who spends time with the Amish and
how it changes her perspective on her own life.

This one was hard. I literally cried through most of it.
The tragedy of the death of your child caused by another
of your children is just too much to think about.
But, Mary Beth Chapman is living through it and the book is amazing.

Let me know if you enjoy one of these great books. I'm off to read the sequel to "Plain Jayne," which is entitled "Simply Sara."

1 comment:

Barb said...

Do you own those first two? I'd like to borrow them, if so. BTW, just finished Unlocked by KK. It was good, not her best, but definitely better than all the recent Baxter and Take One books. My only gripe is that she tried to get it out so fast that she and her editor missed a LOT of typos, grammar, etc. It was rather obvious. But if you want to borrow it, you're welcome to.