Sunday, September 26, 2010

Did I Mention They Were Homemade?

For some people, "homemade" means they take it out of the box or bag, stick it in the oven, allow it to cook and then serve it. Of course, I've even done this and joked about it being homemade because I. made. it. at. home. Yea..so...

These mozzarella sticks are what my mother and grandma would call "made from scratch." And, before you ask, no I did not make the cheese. (Although I could if I wanted to because Martha Stewart has nothing on me.) I did, however, make the batter, coat them and fry them up. Let me tell you, I'm actually not sure if it was worth the effort, but they were very tasty. I could, in five minutes time, drive down to Sonic, plunk down $2.99 or so and bring 5 of them home with much less effort. But, this was just something I wanted to try -- for fun. And it was! The girls and I ate every last one of them. Let me know if you want to try them for yourself. I'll be glad to share the recipe.

No comments: