Sunday, September 26, 2010

And In A Strange Mozzarella Cheese Follow Up Post...

If you're checking this blog and reading this post, STOP! You must read the post below this first. And, it would probably make more sense for me to wait and post this one tomorrow or the next day, but I'm on a roll and the greatness may only continue for the next few minutes, so I'm going with it.

I should have titled this, "String Cheese: So Many Recipes, So Little Time!" Large amounts of string cheese are devoured in this house, especially since I've been (kinda, somewhat, sorta) eating on the Flat Belly Diet Program. I'm on the 3 days on, 7 days off plan. And, let me tell you, that's not actually working. So, gonna need to get more serious about losing weight. And exercising, which I'm sure I've mentioned on more than one occasion that I. do. not. like. But, I digress...

I took this picture because it represents a big portion of what I've been focusing on this month. Yes, string cheese and almonds. Don't you wish you lived my life? The problem comes not in the foods I'm told to eat, but in the willpower, people. Or, in my case, willpower, see also lack of. I will follow the plan strongly for days, eating my 1600 calories a day. Most days you could wave a chocolate chip cookie under my nose, and I wouldn't flinch. Now, a snickerdoodle or oatmeal cookie, that's a different story. Does it smell like cinnamon in here? Anyone? Anyone?

And, while these two posts really have no impact on the world at large, or me apparently, for some reason I felt the need to spend a good 30 minutes of time talking about string cheese. I guess I could have written one post entitled, "String Cheese: Friend or Foe?" I can answer that. Foe, when breaded, fried in oil and eaten with marinara sauce. Friend, when eaten straight from the package as part of a healthy, 1600-calorie-a-day diet. And, since honesty is the best policy, I think I have to say I prefer "Foe," dipped in marinara, of course.

No comments: