Thursday, July 24, 2008

They'll Never Leave...They Have It Too Good

I've officially had it with squirrels. They've gone too far this time. They've dug out (continually, may I say, daily) the dirt from my potted flowers. They've dug out the soil from my two potted tomatoes. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. They've torn strips of bark from our tree, which then fall into the pool and stain the plaster. They've dug flowers from the ground, while searching for their stinkin' acorns. They continually eat King's dog food. And now this...sunbathing! I repeat...they've gone too far this time. I think it's time for Rambo Jeff to resurrect his camo-faced night ops. When they least expect it...he will rise, BB gun in hand, silently, silently from the rippling waters...

Note to grackles: Be very careful. You're next!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! And you're right, the BB gun might have to return. My parents got one in their attic once and it ate the Christmas wreath! Is it just me, or does it seem like there are more squirrels this year? Everywhere I look I see them.

Barb said...

That's hilarious! At least I'll have company there when I'm poolsitting in a couple of weeks.

Penny said...

Have Jeff invite the boys from his Sunday School class. They have air soft guns. He could make a contest out of it and those boys would get everyone. No boy can resist the urge to compete! Let me know when to send John over loaded and ready.

Melissa said...

Maybe I can ship you our neighborhood cat. She eats squirrels WHOLE. Starts at the head and just chomps her way on down. Leaves nothing but a tail behind. (I'm not sure why, at that point she doesn't just eat the tail too, but I guess it's nice to know she draws the line somewhere.) I've actually seen her do it or I wouldn't believe it. Kind of freaky, but effective in squirrel population control. She just had babies, and we're hoping she trains all the babies in her squirrel hunting ways. Of course maybe the whole squirrel thing was just some crazy hormonal birthing preparation thing. Oh dear, I hope not. Anyway, for now, we seem to be squirrel free in our little corner of the world.

Anonymous said...

i TOLD you to let me run over that one in the road the other day!!!
but noo "never swerve to hit squirrels" ):

Genny said...

Melissa,..squirrel free? Sounds heavenly!