Tuesday, July 22, 2008

May I Recommend?

If you're looking for a few, quick summer reads, then I have the books for you -- a series of three, not so serious mysteries by Sharon Dunn.  From the titles alone you can tell they're not your average mystery stories:  Romance Rustlers and Thunderbird Thieves; Sassy Cinderella and The Valiant Vigilante;  Cow Crimes and The Mustang Menace.












An excerpt from Cow Crimes gives you an idea why I like these quirky, fun books:
 
 "Mocha espressos taste better in the dark. The smoothness of the chocolate is more tantalizing on the tongue--the bite of the caffeine stronger. Had I not agreed to run a stakeout at Benson's Pet and Feed, I never would have made that discovery.  But before we turned off the lights and slipped behind the counter, my boss, Georgia, mixed up two steaming 20-ouncers, complete with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
  I allowed the warm liquid to linger on my tongue before swallowing. Forget all those apologetics books; chocolate and coffee are the clearest evidence that God exists and that he loves us."

If your summer reading has gotten too serious, check out these great stories about a fiery, tall redhead with a penchant for vintage cars and trouble.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I've read the first two, and enjoyed them. Didn't realize there was a third. I'll have to check it out!