Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Feel the Cupcake Love

As I might have mentioned previously on this blog, I find baking to be very therapeutic. When you throw creativity into the mix, I'm even happier! Several cupcakes have been made in the last week or so. 

First up, cupcakes for my sweet sixteen birthday girl, Abigail. Her request was strawberry cupcakes with Granny Cannon icing. (my grandma's secret recipe known only to a few and no, you cannot have it because I promised)

She did not want a theme birthday and picked these basic black and white striped cupcake liners, which I thought went very well with the pink cake. I tinted the buttercream a light pink, sprinkled edible glitter flakes on top and added a royal icing rose. Pretty!

And what's not to love about a pretty pink cupcake under glass? 

Pink plaid -- another good use of the color pink. Butter pecan is quickly becoming one of my standard choices when I need cupcakes in a hurry.

Rebecca found this recipe for Apple Cider Cupcakes on Pinterest. They are everything that is good about fall, and since I needed gifts for teacher goody bags, and it's fall, and so on...
I love the uniformity of this picture. I use an ice cream scoop to put batter into my cupcake liners because I am extremely picky and like my cupcakes to be all the same size.

Topped with Maple Spice Buttercream...delish!

I have a few more fall-ish cupcake recipes lined up to try. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I think butterbeer cupcakes sound fallish... hint hint! :)