Monday, August 13, 2012

Vacation 2012

Looking at someone's vacation pictures is somewhat akin to enduring a root canal, I know. "And here we are at....and here's when we went to...and oh, this was amazing when we..."  So, I've selected only a few photos from our AMAZING vacation to Orange Beach, Alabama. If you were to go there today, you will probably still see two drag marks in the sand where Jeff hauled me to the car to leave. And if you do go there, I hope that you will consider taking me with you! Without further ado, here's the travel monologue...

View from our balcony

Hitting the beach for the first time right after we arrived

Romar Beach Baptist Church where we attended on Sunday. Their motto is "Taking a stand on the sand!"

Before church

Me in my happy place

Love this picture of a storm coming in. It's amazing how quickly it arrives and how fast the beach can clear of people.

We got in as many activities as we could...beach volleyball,

hermit crab catching...

resting...

taking photos of God's glorious creation...

making beachy cupcakes...

catching waves on the boogie boards...

eating at Lambert's, where they throw hot rolls at you...

making our mark in the sand...


Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I completely identify, and I'm glad it was wonderful. Happy you got to have a storm.
Sylvia

Barb said...

I for one enjoy looking at your vacation photos, even though it makes me want to be back at the beach. Glad you had a great time.