Friday, August 3, 2012

My "Beach House" in Fort Worth

Well, I can now officially go on vacation because my remodeling project is finished! I have brought as much of my love of the beach in as I possibly could into my traditionally-decorated house. From the gorgeous blue in the kitchen and back of the bookshelf to bits and pieces of beachy items, I love how it has turned out. I even surprised myself with some bright yellow pillows to give the rooms some "pop."



My old checkerboard table is now a nice ottoman.

Katherine wrapped two canvasses with bright fabric to add some fresh artwork.

Well, look who just happened to find a nail on the wall? She's just hanging around until Katherine sends her off to an art contest. Eventually a hydrangea wreath will occupy this spot. (But don't those yellow feathers really look nice in the room?)

China cabinet has been redone to display my favorite items

Shells and beach photos...

Love this in my kitchen window

Also in the kitchen window, just waiting for a beach picture from our 2012 vacation

Table Decoration
Now, I'm off to the beach...the "real" beach, with white sand, and waves, and such...

1 comment:

Barb said...

It looks FABULOUS! Can't wait to see it all in person. BTW, make sure that beach 2012 photo is vertical. :)