Sunday, July 22, 2012

Why Yes, We Are Still Remodeling...Why Do You Ask?

I will look back fondly on the Summer of 2012 and refer to it as The Summer of Neverending Projects. To be fair to myself, however, I've taken a week here and there just to regain my sanity, but it does feel somewhat like I've been on the perpetual hamster wheel of "Re-do." I think I've mentioned once or twice that "we're getting close to being finished..." Lies! All lies. We will never be finished. As soon as this room is completed I'll have to take a sledgehammer to the bathroom tile. You know I will.

So, here's this week's update:
Fireplace Room, with newly cleaned brick floors
Painted the back of the bookshelf blue to match the kitchen

Fireplace freshly painted with Kilz (yay! no smoke stains)
and the screen painted black

I am LOVING the redo on this chair I've had forever 
(original location: Nanny's barn).
It's just waiting for the right pillow to be located and nestled in the seat.
Shoutout to Teresa Lynn for recovering it for me. Whoot!!

 Completed bookshelves: I've removed all extraneous books and dust collectors and only kept the things I really love and want to focus on. I highly recommend this method to anyone. I made $25 at Half Price books just by doing this!

Left to complete? Trimwork on walls and baseboards, a fresh coat of paint on the walls (same color) and throw pillows on the couch. Pillows are currently on the way from Target. I hope to "finish" this room by the end of the week. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Barb said...

You forgot to mention painting the fireplace - it all looks fabulous! LOVE the chair! I need Teresa (or you) to come redecorate my apartment. :)

Genny said...

Yes, I thought about the fireplace photo after I was finished. I posted a sneak peek in an earlier post, so I'm kinda covered. Followup pics will include the fireplace.