Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Flowers

I am the first to admit that I do not have a green thumb. In fact, I've probably admitted to such on this blog several times. Anyone want to go through the history and see? Nah. Me either. My biggest plan for this summer, garden-wise, was to do as little work as possible. I enjoy the fruits, but not the labor, right? Thankfully with our mild winter most of the red begonias from last summer returned a few weeks ago and have been growing steadily ever since. 

I love how they all end up growing together and making one big carpet of flowers.



Just planted these flowers this week. They are supposed to attract butterflies.

Purple Petunias that popped up in my front porch pot. (Say that fast three times.) What's not to love about that?

Knockout Roses - best Texas flower ever! They are gorgeous in color, heat resistant and drought resistant, along with self-cleaning - a really good choice for those of us in hellfire summer temps who don't want to worry about our flower beds. (Thank you, Nanny!!)

Lots of peaches on the tree this year...shhhh.....no one tell the squirrels. I don't think they've discovered them yet, hence "lots of peaches on the tree this year."

Love Impatiens and found these especially pretty.

This year's new discovery - Tuberous Begonias. I really have no idea what that means, but aren't they beautiful? You can see I tend towards pinks and purples in flower choices and I thought these added a little touch of sunshine to my backyard.


And no summer planting would be complete without one pot of Patio Tomatoes. My mouth is watering thinking of picking one of these and eating it right from the plant, with salt of course!

1 comment:

Barb said...

The maters look GOOD!!! One of mine is starting to ripen already. Can't wait to taste it. Love your flowers - funny how you tend toward pinks and purples and my flowers are all red and yellow. :)