Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Little Destruction

It's been awhile since I bored you with a kitchen remodel update. Does this project seem like it's taking forever to you? Because it sure does to me. We have entered a most exciting phase this week - removal of old laminate and countertops and installing granite! I'm really excited about how this is going to change the entire look of what we've done so far. Jeff pulled off the laminate from the backsplash yesterday. I freaked a little bit when I saw the old wallpaper underneath one side. After I started whimpering Jeff assured me it would be tiled over and I would not have to remove it. Whew...



What you can't tell from these photos is that the countertops have been removed too. They are just sitting on top of the cabinets. Tomorrow Julio will come out and level the cabinets, because they are crooked. I could have told him that because every time I sit out an egg on the counter it rolls forward and tries to crash to the floor.

Today we go to the granite yard and pick out our slab and the installers will arrive on Thursday to put on the new countertops. So excited!


1 comment:

Barb said...

So by the time I FINALLY make it down there to scrapbook, it will all be finished. Can't wait to see the finished product!