Monday, October 3, 2011

So Let's Talk About Football

I know! Me? Talk about football? What in the world is this blog coming to? More importantly I would like to discuss the Aggies and their complete inability to play a full four quarters of a game. I can't tell you how many texts I've gotten from Jeff (at the game) which look like this:

14 - 0 Ags up

17-3 Ags

24-3 Ags at half

time passes....

31-6 middle of 3rd

time passes...

31-34 ballgame

What?!? Did they just walk out of the stadium? Stand there? Forget all their plays? Now I know these guys are smart because they got into A&M. (I refuse to acknowledge any rule bending to allow "less than qualified" players in. Sure, they probably live with their tutor, but they came in legally, right?)

Not sure what's going on with those guys but, to borrow a High School Musical phrase, they "gotta get their head in the game!" (And yes, I know that was about basketball.)

Anyway, to get to my point...and I do have one. Aggies, I need you to win. The moods in our house are not happy when you blow a game in the 4th quarter. Romo is killing us with the Cowboys and even the TCU Frogs lost this last weekend. Thank goodness the Rangers are in the playoffs!

Of course, everyone loves to hate on the Aggies, so we get all that grief, too. You know...how dare we move to the SEC because we couldn't possibly play all those great teams. Hello...news flash. It's not about winning, people; it's about money. (and you can quote me on that)

My favorite comment over the Aggies' loss to Arkansas this last weekend was posted by my husband on Facebook: As an Aggie and a Cowboys fan, I am glad my joy comes from the Lord.

Gig 'em!


2 comments:

Barb said...

This post made me smile because YOU are talking football! But I was rooting for you to win over Arkansas. And it will be fun having the Aggies in the SEC - Bama will get to come play in Texas somewhat regularly! Yay!

Genny said...

UPDATE! AGGIES 45 - TEXAS TECH 40

The curse has "possibly" been broken. I'm especially glad we beat Tech because they are a bunch of punks. Someone(s) painted vulgar words all over the (rented) Aggie football buses and smeared the inside with "excrement" according to the Aggie Athletic Director.

Really? Classy, Tech...really classy.