Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Reading List: Edited Version

You know, sometimes book choices just don't work out. I live by the philosophy that life is too short to read boring/bad/fill-in-your-own-word-here books. So, I have deleted Await Your Reply from my list. If it doesn't improve soon, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo will go as well. I'm going to give it another 20 or 30 pages to draw me in.

I've also added two series from our church library that are more light-reading, but hey, shouldn't summer reading be fun and light-hearted and whatnot?

A Lowcountry Romance Series by Rachel Hauck
*Sweet Caroline
*Love Starts With Elle (which I've already read and didn't know was part of a series -- boo!)
*Dining With Joy

Defenders of Hope Series by Amy Wallace (new author for me)
*Ransomed Dreams
*Healing Promises
*Enduring Justice

I will say the best book I've read so far this summer is Same Kind of Different As Me. This book is a must read for anyone and in fact, is on Abigail's school reading list. So, so, so good and a true story, and did I say how good it was? Go get this book today!

No comments: