Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Everyone Remain Calm

My sweet friend, Cody, gave me this bookmark a few weeks ago. I have decided to adopt it as my new life philosophy. I cannot think of a better solution to any and all problems or stress: KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CUPCAKE.

I had a little time on my hands a week or so ago and decided to just play around with some different designs on cupcakes. I am fascinated by the show "Cupcake Wars" the way you might be fascinated by watching a spider wrap up a fly he has just netted in his web. I love the way the bakers perform, (how God created creatures to survive) but I am nervous and a little sickish at the stress they go through with a time limit to make so many cupcake designs from scratch. (spiders drinking blood from flies....just in case you were having problems connecting the dots in my analogy.) And now I'm even wondering if it makes sense...oh well, moving right along.

My Creations!

All of my cupcakes are yellow cake with buttercream icing. I just used nuts, sanding sugars and nonpareils to fancy them up a bit. I cannot imagine what the snooty judges on "Cupcake Wars" would say about...heaven forbid...a BOX mix. That, along with my "not impressive at all" presentation would surely send me home in the first round. Thankfully I'm in competition with no one, and I love blessing people with little boxes of cupcakes. After all, shouldn't all of life's little problems come with the tag, "KEEP CALM AND HAVE A CUPCAKE?" It's no solution to world peace, but things would certainly taste a little sweeter!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Love the cupcakes, and your return to blogland. :)