Friday, March 4, 2011

Since We've Last Talked...

So, quite a few things have happened since I've last blogged. And, just so you know, I refuse to be one of those bloggers who apologize for not posting something recently because...well, because blogging is a voluntary, fun activity and who wants to be required or forced to write anything. You can ask my husband...I don't like to be forced to do anything. It's just who I am.

Here's what's been going on with the Holmes Family since I wrote about the Arctic Blast of 2011 that paralyzed North Texas for weeks on end...or maybe it was days. It's all a blur now.

Katherine won 2nd Place in the Stock Show Art Contest,
bringing with it a $1500 scholarship.

We went to the rodeo.

We had a second arctic blast that was just as
much fun as the first. Trapped at home!

We made snow ice cream.

I went ice fishing in the pool and caught
two tennis balls and a stick.

We decided that it was time for Abigail to
have some dental work done.

Barb, Melissa and I "Scrapped the Super Bowl,"
an annual tradition dating back 7 years now.

Abigail cleaned her room. Trust me. This was HUGE!
It was also forced.

I made pistachio cupcakes.

Rebecca's basketball team went to the playoffs in Tyler
and we also got to see Katherine.

I enjoyed a scrapbook retreat in Waco with
two of my favorite people, Mother and Sylvia.

At the Regional Basketball Playoffs Jeff and I had a mini reunion
with David B., with whom we went to high school .
And in all those days, somewhere in there I had a birthday. But I'll write about that in my next post, which I promise won't be a month from now.

No comments: