Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break Reading List

If I can't be on the beach for spring break, at least I can rub some Coppertone on my face (the coconut smelling kind) and sit in the sun with a good book while the girls run track next week. This will only be after I've walked my mile, of course.

Here are the books I've selected for my reading pleasure this next week, and maybe you'll like them too:

1. The Mountain Between Us - Technically, I finished this one last week and all I can say is, "Wow! You. must. read. this. book. Today. Now." It's about an airplane crash, survival and deep, abiding love. And that's all I'm going to say, except...go get it!

2. Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - written by one of my favorite bloggers, Pioneer Woman. It's the story of how she met her rancher husband and left the big city for life in Oklahoma. Guaranteed light-hearted, funny and touching all at the same time.

3. The Malacca Conspiracy - Navy lawyers, terrorism on the high seas, a mix of love, war and high-stakes geopolitical roulette -- sounds like my kind of book. Plus it has two characters from Don Brown's Navy Justice Series and I want to see what happens to them!

4. The Duchess and the Dragon - Jamie Carie is a new author for me, but I couldn't resist the $3.98 price tag and the Duke of Northumberland coming to America and running into a Quaker nurse in Philadelphia.

5. Deceived - Two bodies in an isolated canyon. One with saddlebags filled with diamonds. A suspense thriller from another of my favorite lawyer/authors, James Scott Bell.

Let's see -- 5 days of spring break and 5 books. I like that math! See you later. I've got to locate the Coppertone.







3 comments:

Barb said...

I've read the Malacca Conspiracy - it was as good as his other books. I'll have to look into the others. Happy reading!

Penny said...

Ok, my blog keeps "telling" me that you have posted something new but when I click on your blog there isn't anything new. So, either blogger is being dishonest or you have me blocked? :)

Genny said...

Penny, you are correct. I posted about 3 weeks ago, changed the colors, etc. and then Blogger removed both the new template and the post. (something about removing posts on a certain day, but they would put them back, blah, blah, blah...) I'm still waiting for them to return them to my blog. Guess that's not gonna happen. Not. happy.