Monday, May 4, 2009

Post Birthday Post

KATHERINE!

I won't even list all the reasons this post is a day late -- suffice it to say if I told you everything going on with me you would be in the corner whimpering as well. But, even though a day late, I still want to publicly wish my beautiful Katherine a "Happy 17th Birthday!" Funny thing is, she could care less about public notice, big parties and lots of hoopla. (which is a really good thing because she got none of that)

She opened her presents on Friday and requested no pictures because she was sick. (Gets that vanity honestly from her mother's side.) She went with her dad and friend, Erinn, to a baseball game on Sunday afternoon.  


 I thought a few past pics might be fun. I realized, while looking for pictures, that she doesn't get her picture made very much. She likes to be behind the camera. Here's a few I dug up from the archives.








No parent could ask for a better teenager than Katherine. She adds so much laughter and fun to our family. I love her crazy sense of humor and how she speaks in various accents. I love how her socks never match, and how she can sleep for days.  She is a joy! I'm looking forward to her 18th year and all that God has planned for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed - best teenager ever! Happy Birthday, Katherine!!

Anonymous said...

Any teenager that would dress up like an old granny and go out in public has it all together. You are a wonderful granddaughter who grew up way too fast! But it has been a pleasant and exciting journey to watch God work in your life and for you to respond to His call. I look forward with anticipation to all He has in store for you!

Barb said...

Yay! Happy belated birthday, K! And I hope you enjoyed your b'day even though you were sick and everything was going crazy around you.