Monday, December 6, 2010

A Little Joy Can Be a Dangerous Thing

Yes, it is true, my friend, Melissa and I will go to great lengths to tell a good story or set a good stage. I've been helping her decorate the sanctuary at church and it is finally finished. Melissa has gone through many hours of painting, glittering, crafting, glittering, glittering, glittering....sorry. Ask the janitors to tell you how much glitter has been used this year!

This is Melissa perched about 14 or so feet above the baptistry,
which is who knows how many feet above the choir loft,
which is who knows how many feet above the floor.

I actually helped to make this wreath. I have never had
wreath-making skills until this year. Never. Ever.
In fact, there is an unfinished wreath on my hearth right now.

One of my favorite parts of the scenery, and it's on the piano!
The feather tree is so pretty, and Melissa hand-crafted the other
two to make a set. Hoping to get her help on some for
my unfinished mantel, which is above the
unfinished wreath on the hearth.
Sensing a pattern here???

So glad I took this picture of snow on the drum cage.
Melissa spent 30 minutes, once again perched precariously
on a stool getting the gossamer and batting just right.
Sunday morning our drummer's stool collapsed,
sending him and the drum cage and the snow flying.
We didn't have time to repair it. Bummer.




The finished results were quite beautiful. We sprinkled snow on all the trees, and lit the lanterns and it was lovely.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Ah yes, it was lovely. Thank you both for all your hard work on it.