Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Open Letter to Sonic


Dear Sonic,

You must know by now how I feel about you. You are all things amazing when it comes to your Diet Cokes with Lime, Butterfinger Blasts and Mozzarella Sticks. I even enjoy your hamburgers from time to time. (mainly when you don't squash the top bun flat) I'm not sure your french fries can compete with others, but you do offer those tasty little tater tots. And, your occasional Breakfast Burrito makes my heart sing, even though I can feel my hips growing as I finish the last bite.

Why then, oh why, can you not make a decent salad?It can't be that hard when you already do so many things well. I know you're a fast food restaurant, but you seriously should make the attempt. You only offer three choices, which should make your life even simpler. I just don't understand why you think people want to eat brown lettuce and mushy tomatoes. When you opened up that lid to put the grilled chicken on top, did you not notice there was not even one speck of green in the bowl? And, maybe you don't realize this, but salads are comprised of one main ingredient -- lettuce, and......lettuce is green. I just felt you should know this, you know....in case no one had ever mentioned it.

So, be warned, that I will not be burned again by your beautiful pictures advertising a colorful and tasty salad. I do thank you, however, for the crunchy onion ring that sat on top. It was the best part!

Sincerely,
Frustrated in Fort Worth

P.S. I'll see you this afternoon at 3:00 for Happy Hour.



2 comments:

Barb said...

LOL! This is why I refuse to eat salads at fast food places.
Wish I could join you for Happy Hour today, and for the traditional Diet Coke with Lime at 4:00 on Sunday afternoon. I miss that!

Anonymous said...

You should send the letter to Sonic. It might have a better impact if they saw it.