Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Email Has Fallen, And I Can't Get Up

Me to Jeff, yesterday around 10:30 a.m.: "Hey, I'm not getting any emails. Is yours working?" "Yes," he replies in that 'please-don't-bother-me-I'm-working-tone.'

11:15 am: "It's still not receiving." "Okay."

11:45 am: "What should I do?" He tells me to fiddle with all the buttons and turn it off/on and I've already done all that because, hey, I'm no techno-genius, but I do know some things. Duh.

12:01 pm: Jeff to me: "Do you absolutely have to get email?" "WHAT?!??" Are you EVEN kidding me? Email is my life! I've got people to contact, business to take care of, Facebook messages to read. Seriously."

Here, I'll prove my point: 8:47 am, earlier in the day my cell phone rings. I don't answer it because I am on the relaxer (my word) table at the chiropractor. "Hey, Genny. It's Phil. I've sent you four emails this morning and they all keep coming back. What's the deal? Get it fixed would you?" I.rest.my.case.

Just because I don't have a 'REAL JOB' doesn't mean I can live without email. My mind is churning even now with all the information I've missed in the last day and a half. A small handful of people have tried to email me with pertinent, current information and I AM MISSING IT!

So, if you think about emailing me this week, don't. And, don't call me on the phone, because I'm on the floor and I can't get up.

1 comment:

Barb said...

And you need email to keep in touch with Barb, who can't get access to facebook at work and therefore relies on being able to email you! So get that fixed, would you? ;)