Thursday, June 19, 2008

All Furry Things Aren't Cute

I cleaned out my fridge this morning, with the help of my able assistant, Abigail.  She is a master cleaner and I am thankful for her.  I thought I was going to lose her at one point though.  I pulled out a ziploc bag of...something furry.  She grabbed her nose and ran screaming from the room.  Yea...it was pretty bad, hence the title of this post.  So, here are few things that aren't so "cute" when they're furry.

1.  green beans
2.  pasta casserole
3.  red bell peppers
4.  zucchini
5.  something that we couldn't identify

Apparently some people have a problem with me writing a post about this, but HE shall remain nameless because I would hate for him to admit that he married someone who is not a superwoman and yes, I do find furry things in my fridge from time to time.  So, I would appreciate a little help here.  I know I'm not Martha Stewart, but surely there are others who have found unsavory things in their fridge at one time or other.  I'll be waiting on your comments.  Anyone?  Anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that no one wants to admit that their refrigerator is in such a state, so I will just tell you that it is hereditary. It happens to me, it happened to my mother, so you see, it can't be helped! I do have to say that I am better than I use to be. I think the secret is to buy for short range cooking. If I buy for a whole week or more ahead, then things begin to deteriorate and it is producing "fuzzy things" before I can cook it. The produce is not what it used to be. So there, it is not our fault at all. By the way, what happened to the little thing you bought to keep things fresh???

Peas on Earth said...

We occasionally get "furry" sometimes, but nothing so severe as ... the MAGGOT INFESTATION!

Apparently someone else who shall remain nameless put some meat in a trash bag and when he went to take out the trash, he set it on the kitchen floor. Within minutes our daughter found a maggot beside the bag. When they investigated further, they were ALL OVER the kitchen floor!! Those little boogers are fast! (At least mold doesn't run from you!)

teresa said...

Ah yes, the furry creatures that somehow find their way into the rubber maid bowls of chili, unsuccessful casseroles, and spaghetti sauce that were sadly forgotten about. It's not our fault at all. They just creep up on you before you get to serve it again!

Genny said...

Mother, you are right. I buy too much ahead. In the case of the little thing to keep stuff fresh, it worked! I've never had lettuce last so long. Unfortunately, most of my furry things were small leftover containers of green beans that got pushed to the back and they were not affected by the "little green thingy."

Penny said...

I have found a few things in my frig. Sometimes I have no clue what it is. I know it is the teenagers trying to see if they can gross me out but I am tough. It takes more than white gravy with red, green, and whatever that other color is to gross me out!

Anonymous said...

Oh tell "HIM" he should see my fridge. And tell "HIM" to clean it out next time. :)

I know "HE" will appreciate this comment.

Seriously, I have found things furry in my fridge too. Drew cleaned it out last week, so I got out lucky.