Sunday, March 24, 2013

Dark and Delicious

I made these cupcakes at Rebecca's request for a couple of her friends who had birthdays last week. They were guys, so I naturally think dark chocolate looks "manly" and made these accordingly. They are Triple Chocolate Fudge with Chocolate Buttercream topped with a chocolate chunk.

The buttercream is the chocolate version of my Grandma Cannon's icing recipe and I tell you, there is no better taste than this chocolate icing. I'd give you the recipe if I could. But I can't. I promised.  And, I will tell you like my grandma told me when I told her how sad I was that she had not written down her recipe for meatballs and gravy.

Me: "Grandma, if you don't have your recipes written down, one day when you are in heaven we won't be able to cook your recipes." (big, sad eyes and pouting...)

Grandma: "Oh, well...that's how it goes! My recipes go to the grave with me!"

Well, ok then.

I sure do miss those meatballs and red gravy.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I think we should make some Peeps themed cupcakes for Easter!