Saturday, October 30, 2010

These Ain't Your Mama's Brussels Sprouts

Normally I would not even attempt to serve brussels sprouts in my home, the main reason being the cries of, "Those stink!" and "I'm not eating baby monkey brains!" (Thanks, Jeff.) But...I was all alone at home on Friday and determined to try a new recipe: Brussels Sprouts Gratin. And, all I can say is oh. my. delicious. goodness. They were absolutely the best brussels sprouts I've ever eaten. Really. I'm not kidding.

Washed and ready to be chopped

Aren't they pretty?
Like baby cabbages - NOT monkey brains.

Cooking up quite nicely with bacon and shallots

Here we are -- delicious goodness.

I would post the recipe for you, but I can probably guarantee my mother would be the only person in the world who would want it, and she can call me for it if she does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I love Brussels Sprouts! I could eat them all at one sitting!
Recipe please ;-) I'm salivating just looking at them~

Barb said...

Um, I'm in agreement with jeff on this one. But then again, that shouldn't surprise you. :)