Thursday, July 9, 2009

Heavenly Hydrangeas

Their perfection astounds me. Each tiny detail woven artistically together to create a vision of beauty. If I lived in a part of Texas where hydrangeas actually grew well, they would cover my yard. As it is, I manage to eke out a few small bushes with a few flowers every year. If I could grow them lavender blue, I would probably weep with satisfaction. Alas...I have never successfully changed the content of my soil to change my pinks blue. Maybe one day...

In their many stages of growth, each shade of pink delights me.


NEW GROWTH

FADING COLOR

COLOR ALMOST GONE

SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN

A flower's appeal is in its contradictions - so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect. ~Adabella Radici


1 comment:

Barb said...

Girl, you are a blogging fool! Love the hydrangea pics. Suggestion - if you move to Scotland, especially Oban, you can grow huge hydrangeas in a variety of gorgeous colors. But then again, Scotland's too far away for you to move, unless I'm back over there too. :)